• Tenants

    Pay your Rent

Pay your Rent

The Association uses the rent it collects to fund repairs and improvements to properties and to provide services to residents.

Rent is due in advance on or before the first of each month.

There are several ways that you can pay your rent:

  • Direct Debit
  • Standing Order
  • Bank Transfer
  • Cheque
  • Rent Payment Card at a Post Office or Paypoint Outlet
  • Telephone Payment by calling Allpay on 0844 557 8321 and using your Rent Payment Card and Debit Card
  • Allpay Internet Payment on www.allpayments.net using your 19-digit Rent Payment Card reference and Debit Card; please note, tenants must provide an e-mail address in order to sign up to Allpay Internet Payments.

Housing Benefit

If you are on a low income or receive certain benefits such as Jobseekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance and Income Support you can apply for Housing Benefit to help pay your rent. Applications for Housing Benefit are made to Glasgow City Council. You can get more information about Housing Benefit from Glasgow City Council by visiting www.glasgow.gov.uk or by telephone on 0141 287 5050.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a single monthly benefit that replaces Housing Benefit, Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income Based Employment Support Allowance, Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits.  Universal Credit was rolled out in Glasgow from September 2018, taking place in Partick Jobcentre from 31 October 2018.


If you currently claim any of the benefits noted above, you wont need to do anything until the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) contact you, unless:

  • You make a new claim for any of the above benefits or tax credits, or
  • Your circumstances change and your benefits need to be reassessed.

Furthermore, applications for Universal Credit will have to be made online and claimants will need to have access to the internet and an email address in order to apply.  Universal Credit will only be paid into either a bank account or a Credit Union account.  When an application is made for Universal Credit, claimants will also be given an online account to manage.


Universal Credit will replace Housing Benefit and will include housing costs.  Applicants must include details of their exact monthly rent when submitting their claim for Universal Credit to ensure that your housing costs are included in your claim.


The Scottish Government has introduced options to give different choices to claimants for how they would like their Universal Credit to be paid.  Claimants in Scotland are able to request either or both of the following alternative payment arrangements:

  • To have their Universal Credit Housing Costs paid directly to their landlord.
  • To receive their Universal Credit twice monthly rather than monthly.

Claimants can request the above alternative payment arrangements by contacting the Jobcoach at Partick Jobcentre or by requesting these via their online journal.


If you would like welfare rights advice regarding Universal Credit please contact Housing Services who will be more than happy to make a referral to Drumchapel Money Advice Centre (DMAC) on your behalf.


When applying for Universal Credit tenants are advised to notify Housing Services of their application in order to receive any necessary information or support.  Alternatively, you can get more information about Universal Credit by visiting www.gov.uk/universal-credit or by telephone on 0800 328 5644.

Discretionary Housing Payment

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit but this does not cover your rent, you can make an application to Glasgow City Council for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). DHP is a payment you may receive at the discretion of your local authority which can help towards housing costs. You can only get it if you are entitled to Housing Benefit or the Housing Costs element of Universal Credit.

If your housing benefit or Housing Cost element of Universal Credit is reduced as a result of you under-occupying your home you should submit an application to Glasgow City Council for DHP in order for this shortfall to be covered.

You can get more information about DHP from Glasgow City Council by visiting www.glasgow.gov.uk or by telephone on 0141 287 5050.

If you would like further information about any of the rent payment options or if you are having difficulties paying your rent please contact Housing Services.


A copy of the Association's Rent Setting Policy is available here.
A copy of the Association's Arrears Management Policy is available here.
A copy of the Association's Arrears Management Procedures are available here.