Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a single monthly benefit that replaces Housing Benefit, Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income Based Employment Support Allowance, Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits.  Universal Credit was rolled out in Glasgow from September 2018, taking place in Partick Jobcentre from 31 October 2018.
If you currently claim any of the benefits noted above, you won’t need to do anything until the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) contact you, unless:

You make a new claim for any of the above benefits or tax credits, or

Your circumstances change and your benefits need to be reassessed.
Furthermore, applications for Universal Credit will have to be made online and claimants will need to have access to the internet and an email address in order to apply.  Universal Credit will only be paid into either a bank account or a Credit Union account.  When an application is made for Universal Credit, claimants will also be given an online account to manage.
Universal Credit will replace Housing Benefit and will include housing costs.  Applicants must include details of their exact monthly rent when submitting their claim for Universal Credit to ensure that your housing costs are included in your claim.
The Scottish Government has introduced options to give different choices to claimants for how they would like their Universal Credit to be paid.  Claimants in Scotland are able to request either or both of the following alternative payment arrangements:

To have their Universal Credit Housing Costs paid directly to their landlord.

To receive their Universal Credit twice monthly rather than monthly.
Claimants can request the above alternative payment arrangements by contacting the Jobcoach at Partick Jobcentre or by requesting these via their online journal.
If you would like welfare rights advice regarding Universal Credit please contact Housing Services who will be more than happy to make a referral to Drumchapel Money Advice Centre (DMAC) on your behalf.
When applying for Universal Credit tenants are advised to notify Housing Services of their application in order to receive any necessary information or support.  Alternatively, you can get more information about Universal Credit by visiting www.gov.uk/universal-credit or by telephone on 0800 328 5644.