Discretionary Housing Payment

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit but this does not cover your rent, you can make an application to Glasgow City Council for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). DHP is a payment you may receive at the discretion of your local authority which can help towards housing costs. You can only get it if you are entitled to Housing Benefit or the Housing Costs element of Universal Credit.
If your housing benefit or Housing Cost element of Universal Credit is reduced as a result of you under-occupying your home, you should submit an application to Glasgow City Council for DHP in order for this shortfall to be covered.
You can get more information about DHP from Glasgow City Council by visiting www.glasgow.gov.uk or by telephone on 0141 287 5050.