About Yoker Housing Association Ltd
Yoker Housing Association Ltd is a Registered Social Landlord operating in Yoker in the West of Glasgow. The Association’s main aim is to help sustain the community of Yoker through the provision of good quality, affordable housing and housing related services to those in the greatest housing need.
The Association is a not-for-profit organisation which means that any surplus we make is reinvested back into our homes, communities and services. We are registered with the Scottish Housing Regulator and run by a voluntary Committee of Management. We are also a Registered Industrial and Provident Society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority and a recognised Scottish Charity registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
- Housing Services are responsible for areas including rent arrears, dealing with anti-social behaviour issues, estate management, allocation of properties and maintaining a housing waiting list.
- Property Services are responsible for delivery of a day to day repairs service, ensuring gas safety within your property, managing and maintaining your homes and communities including major improvement work, cyclical works programmes and adaptations to your property.
- Finance Services are responsible for financial management, factoring services, support to our management committee, IT and Human Resources.
The Association works with a wide range of organisations to enusre the best service to its tenants and to also assist and support the local authority in achieving its strategic objectives.
To assist Glasgow City Council in meetings its the strategic objectives the Association has entered into the following strategic agreements with the local authority:
- Homelessness Duty Protocol to assist Glasgow City Council in meeting its obligations with the prevention and alleviation homelessness.
- Leaving Care Protocol to assist Glasgow City Council in meeting its obligation towards care leavers.
- Anti-social Behaviour Service Level Agreement to assist Glasgow City Council in the prevention and alleviation of anti-social behaviour.
The Association is a member of the Scottish Federation of Housing Association's (SFHA). The SFHA a membership body for housing associations and housing co-operatives whose ambition is:
"that everyone has a good home in a successful community, with a range of high quality, affordable, safe and accessible homes that meet people’s changing needs and aspirations throughout their lives."
More information about the role and work of the SFHA can be viewed on their website at http://www.sfha.co.uk
The Association's activities are subject to both internal and external audit. The Association's Financial Statements are audited annually in accordance with legislation. The Association's external auditors are currently Alexander Sloan.
The Association has also implemented a three year programme of internal audit which covers many aspects of the Association's business. The Association's internal auditors are currently Wylie & Bisset LLP.
All social housing providers are subject to regulation by the Scottish Housing Regulator which is run by the Scottish Government. It monitors the performance of housing associations to ensure we are doing a good job. By visiting its website http://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk you can see how Yoker is performing compared to others along with more information about us.
The Scottish Housing Regulator is currently engaging with the Association regarding its Governance arrangements.
The Association's Engagement and Regulation Plans can be viewed below:
More information about the role of Scottish Housing Regulator is available in their publication 'How we regulate: a guide for tenants and service users'
The Scottish Housing Regulator has also made the following videos available: